churchmission.png

Get current info on our Facebook page


 

Newsletter


Contact

Oak Grove Christian Church
118 SW 22nd St.
Oak Grove, MO 64075

(816) 690-3232

contact@oakgrovechristian.org


What We Believe

  1. We believe that there is one God, creator of the universe, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that we are called to live to the praise of His glory.
  2. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
  3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and visible return in power and glory.
  4. We believe the only terms of salvation that we may proclaim are those expressed in the New Testament: faith, repentance, and confession of faith in Jesus Christ.
  5. We believe in baptism by immersion in water as an outward expression of the remission of past sins and for the promised presence of the Holy Spirit.
  6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by whom the church is empowered to carry out Christ’s Great Commission.
  7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of those who are saved unto the resurrection of life eternal.


History

Oak Grove Christian Church is a local, independent church in Oak Grove, Missouri. We have been here since 1879 as a community of Christians with a desire to make disciples of Jesus and serve our city. We consider it an honor and a privilege to serve this region for so long, and we are excited for the future God has in store for us here!


OGCC 1st Building.png
The first home of OGCC with the steeple was built in 1880 on SE 12th St.
OGCC 2nd Building.png
In 1909, the church moved across the street in what is now called "The Old Stone Church." The structure still stands today.
OGCC building pic.png
The current church building at 118 SW 22nd St. has been our home since 1967 with expansions made in 1984.

The Lord has blessed us with a physical location to meet since the very beginning, but we recognize that the church is not a building. The church is made up of all who place their faith in Jesus Christ.